• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about removal of the manifold during an IP swap.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Started the IP swap on my M1097A2. Have completed all of the procedures down to removing the manifold. My assistant (college aged daughter) is helping by tagging the parts as I remove them. So, I don't think any steps were skipped. The manifold itself seems to be frozen to the gasket/block. I have tapped lightly with a rubber mallet but haven't the courage for anything greater out of fear of it's cracking. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance!
- HoveringHMMWV

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Each runner has two studs with nuts so if your daughter can count 16 of them, just pry up on it a little harder.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the reply. All studs accounted for. Finally saw some movement after several tries to dislodge. Manifold is finally off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks