• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about tailgate chain replacement...

Pablo66

The rubber chain covers on my tailgate are rotting off, and I want to replace them. I'm wondering what you all are using... I was thinking of cutting up a bicycle inner tube and using that... problem is, a mountain bike tube is to big around, and looks weird, and a road bike tube is to small.
Any ideas on what I should be using to replace these?
Thank you,
Paul D

Pablo66

Great idea!! I really should know this (I used to be a bike nerd - but then again, Road bike & mountain bike, I've never had a hybrid) What size tire/tube do hybrid bikes use?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If he tells to get flight line or prop wash, don't fall for it........ canvas covers look the best.

vitamink

You'll have to check out the size you'll need but you can get it anywhere. It's on a popular bidding site. Just figure out the diameter you'll need and type "heat shrink Xinches" and you'll have what you'll need

nattieleather

I had a friend use black air line hose. I've also seen a person use black garden hose. Just walk through a good hardware store or even the big box do it yourself stores and I'm sure you'll find something that is the right size and color. I'm sure if you want to pay big bucks you could contact Kascar and pay for OEM ones. In fact just did a fast search on their website and you can get replacement chain with new cover for $34.44 each plus shipping. (I do not work for or represent Kascar just making a suggestion to the OP about his options.)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If he tells to get flight line or prop wash, don't fall for it........ canvas covers look the best.

Just get a military tent half, cut it up and make your own if you want ti to look stock. Pickup some hubcap grease as well.

;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks