• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

question about the air hook ups on the rear

cessnatwin

If I want to get an air hose and be able to hook it up on the rear glad hands on my m35a2, what do you call the adapting end? what do I ask for at NAPA, cause they were clueless even after looking at it?

ida34

Go to a truck stop. They will have the ends there. You need a glad hand for the emergency side. It should be the red one. Just take the glad hand to the local hardware and get match the glad hand to the air hose. The truck stop should also have inflation hoses that attach to the glad hand.

Harold43512

Go to a truck stop and for $20.00, the last time I checked, you can get the entire setup needed glad hand to tire chuck with 50 feet of hose.

When I put one together from scratch, I spent $50.00 on the parts at two or three different stores.

steelandcanvas

what do I ask for at NAPA, cause they were clueless even after looking at it?
NAPA was clueless about a gladhand?:roll: I could believe this of some of the other parts houses, but not NAPA. Go to a truckstop as suggested earlier, they'll have it hanging on the wall with all the other cool trucker stuff.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad hands are the same for service/emergency, attached to the truck or hose. There will be a bucket of them at any truck parts supply house. Cost about $4. 1/2" female NPT threads.

tm america

ya go to the truck stop you can get the one with the 50 ft hose and tire inflater unscrew the inflater put on a quick connector and then you can run your air tools or fill your tires up:roll: thats how i have mine set up on my truck

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
NAPA was clueless about a gladhand?:roll: I could believe this of some of the other parts houses, but not NAPA. Go to a truckstop as suggested earlier, they'll have it hanging on the wall with all the other cool trucker stuff.
My Local Napa didn't know they carried 24V bulbs until I gave them the part #.

dittle

Just make sure the gladhand you get has the rubber bushing in it otherwise it won't be worth much.

monkster

I also bought a air gauge w/ air chuck and quick disconects to go back and forth with a air gun. I like to blow out the pocket that holds water above trunnion bearing between the two rear axles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks