• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about turn signal wiring

I have a 1963 M37 that has the wiring for the turn signal behind the glove box. The city that owned it before me cut up the wiring in that area and I'm trying to repair it. The truck doesn't have a turn signal set up at this time but plan to add later.

My question doe anyone have a picture of what the wiring looks like. I'm not sure if there was douglas connections at the end of the wires or was the wires just terminated.

I have been looking at a wiring diagram but it doesn't indicate what the wires do except that they attach to the turn signal relay box.

Thanks for all you service

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The turn signal box had screw terminal connections on top, and the wires connecting to it had ring terminals. I recall that box being under the hood near the steering column? Or was that the 715?

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NDT , you are correct , flasher unit is on the LS upper kick panel next to the steering column . It should have a canon plug .

mdainsd

Hello, first post here. But owned my first MV in 1968, a M43 I put together as a kid.

Im working on the wiring on my latest acquisition, a 1953 M-37. The best I have been able to research is that there are several setups on M-37s. The first being the early trucks with no turn signals. Second being ones with turn signals that use the big screw terminal mechanical relay/flasher box. The third being M37s with the solid state three pin flasher, mounted on the side of the glove box, up under the dash.. Mine being an unmolested USMC with the final version I listed.

To figure yours out, count how many wires come out of the harness in that area near the glove box. That will give us a start. I have schematics for both the large box version and the one that uses the solid state flasher.

Does your truck still have the turn signal switch and harness? If so that will be a good clue. It will either have a bunch of ring terminals, or six of the rubber Douglas connectors and a three pin connector.

mdainsd
I have the wires near the glove box but the turn signal if was there had been removed. when I started working on the wiring nest to get the tail lights to work I put ring terminals on the wires so I could join them together so the tail light would work Currently I've stripped down the interior so I could repaint the dash area and trying to fix the mess since I can get to it better now. I may in the future at a turn signal but currently Missouri doesn't require turn signals on antique vehicle.

I have down loaded several wiring diagrams but as you stated the wiring changed the new the trucks got. I have a 52 m37 air force and the wiring is different so I have a the ability to physical see what that area should look like.

I know of 5 or 6 more in the area I live but haven't had a chance to go by an look

THANK FOR EVERYONE RESOPNSE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks