• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question and Suggestion about Governor Spring on MEP002A and MEP003A

screejunk

So, I was working on a unit the other day, a MEP002A, because the engine was not adjusting well to load fluctuations. We found that the governor spring had become incredibly stiff. Has anyone had this issue? The spring did not look corroded or rusty in any major way. Does anyone have any theories on why the spring would stiffen over time? Could it be the constant exposure to heat, that would effectively temper and stiffen the spring? I threw in a new spring and all was well as it could adjust to the load. Just curious if anyone has experienced this.

Ray70

Only twice have I replaced governor springs.
Once it looked like someone had purposely monkeyed around with the ends of the spring, trying to rebend them for some reason.
The other time the spring looked normal, but I was having the same issue. Unable to dial in the governor.
Replaced the spring and it was back to normal.
I never did figure out what was wrong with the old spring, but perhaps it had the same issue.
Any temperature the spring is exposed to should be far too low to have any effect on it's temper and they aren't exposed to constant stretching and relaxing, so I really can't say what would make them get stiff.
Weak, yes... stiff, can't say!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks