• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

QUESTION: Brake Line Fitting Size - Rubber Hose

RallyRebel

Posted in another thread but no response and search hasn't yet yielded this info, so here goes: Does anyone know the fitting size on the rubber brake hoses? I'd rather ask before removing a hose just to play with the pitch gauge! :wink: Thanks!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 5 hoses and 3 are different. What hose and what end are you looking to size?

RallyRebel

Errr... So of the 5 hoses 3 are different? Or there are 8 hoses, of which are different? Basically I've a friend that can make up Aeroquip hoses and instead of getting the 5 hose "kit" I thought to use the stainless braided hose as I'm getting parts together to overhaul the brake system. The truck sat for almost 10 years before I got it and I'd rather not take any chances on the brakes.

Barrman

Just 5 hoses. 1 for each rear axle (2), 1 to the front axle (3), 1 at each front wheel (5). You can do whatever you want. But, it seems you are trying to reinvent the wheel here. Order the set of hoses from ODIron that fit and are the proper size, made for the M35, used for more than 50 years with good results and move onto the next item on your fix list.

RallyRebel

Appreciate the info, but I'm not trying to re-invent the wheel. I can essentially get a full set of Aeroquip braided stainless lines with fittings for FREE as opposed to ordering the kit. Sure, the original lines are fine but if I can get better for less then why not? Was just hoping someone here would know the thread on the hoses so I wouldn't need to pull them off to find out. No worries, it ain't fun till you're dirty anyway! :wink:

OD_Coyote

RallyRebel - Did you get the fitting size on the rubber brake hoses?
I am thinking of going with braided stainless steel brake lines too.

Thanks,
C. D. Hunter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks