• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question?- Driveshaft rotation on Deuce?

Larch

Can someone tell me if the front and rear driveshafts turn clockwise or counterclockwise when vehicle moves foreward? Thanks

blackdiesel

depends on where your standing. funny you ask this, Dad and I have debated this the last 2 days in order to find out how to hook it up to a PTO pump.

if your standing at the rear of the truck, looking at the flange out the rear it turns counterclockwise. if your standing at the front of the truck looking at the flange out the front it turns clockwise.

If your standing, persay, on top of the cab, the rear drive shaft, looking at the rear axle turns clockwise. if your standing on top of the cab, the front drive shaft, looking at teh front axle turns counterclockwise.

now to really confuse you, both output shafts on the transfer case turn the same direction, only one is clockwise and one is counterclockwise. it all depends on where your standing and looking at it from.

heres a vid of what i'm using my deuce for, should give you an idea of our debate....

Last edited:

blackdiesel

setting in the driver's seat, looking at the rear of the engine, persay, and it is turning counterclockwise. (which is actually clockwise, your just in the "wrong" position)

Lets put it this way, if your staning on the front bumper looking at the hermonic balancer, it is turning clockwise, which is the true rotation of the motor. but like i stated above, if your looking at the output shaft from the rear of the truck it turns counterclockwise.

Larch

So, could you take both rear axles(non-steering), move the foreward rear to the front and make an articulated loader with hydraulic steering, using the same motor and transfer case?

MTman

So what other problems would a guy run into if he was trying to make a truck with four wheel steering?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks