• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

question for all you jeep guys

CCATLETT1984

I am looking at buying a 1947 willy's jeep. I was told that the m38 canvas top should fit right on it, can anyone confirm this? I have pics of the jeep in the photo album link in my signature.

FrankUSMC

You will need the M38 top bows and footman loops were the canvas straps down.
That is if the top is a military one. The CJ2A (that is what your 47 is) and the M38 had about the same size tub. But one being military and the other civilian, that had different style tops. The CJ 2A top bows came apart, were the M38 folded down.
To answer your quiston, yes, with some mods.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

ETBaals

Hi
It depends on which windshiled you have.
Either way you will need to use MB,GPW or M38 bows and bow brackets
the MB,GPW top would work better with a 2A windshield as they both use 10 fasteners acroos the top edge .
The M38 top is you have the later M38, CJ3A windshield sued the channel across the top edge.
Ernie

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks