• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question for cold weather starting

Carlo

I am not a big fan of ether, but I use it. I just give my trucks barely a sniff through the air intake (has to travel through the air filter). The trucks turn over a few times and then light off...but not too fast like one might expect with ether. As I said, I give them a sniff only. In my opinion, since I don't have power near the trucks for a block heater, this is better than cranking on them multiple times in cold weather, which is tough on the motor, starter, and batteries. With that said, I NEVER start my trucks unless I need to drive or move the trucks. I read on here quite often where guys just want to start their trucks in the cold weather...just to see them running. I understand that...it is cool to have your truck running while standing next to it, but starting a truck in cold weather is tough on it (unless you have it plugged in, which I recognize is the reason for this thread).
I agree, ether starts just seem hard on stuff. Kind of like dumping boiling water into a frozen bucket. Some engine really knock hard when fired on ether. I do like shooting it into the breather instead of into the cylinder. Seems like you get less shock to the system that way. Like you said if your not near electricty ether may be your only answer. Is see where the military had a fuel burning engine heater of some kind. Sounds dangerous and unneccessary for me for what I need but would have been useful out in the field I guess.

Do you own the truck in your profile pick? That thing is just to cool!
The 923A2? Yes I have had it for about 3 weeks. I love the little cummins 8.3 over my 250 motor in the M931A1 I have. I have got some body issues to sort but I should be able to get it done. I have a few different types of MV's . Log on to my album page to see them.
You got photos of the JD / Cummins? I wish I would have choose the road to farming than the road I took.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks