• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

question for PA deuce owners

mikes47jeep

i always though that you couldent even haul anything in the bed or else you would be breaking some antique plate rule

to quote the pennsylvania MV-11 "antique plate form"

" buses and trucks are eligble for antique and classic plates, buses may not haul passengers, and trucks may not haul cargo"

thats the line im worried about

and im still worried about that no driving after dark, but i cant seem to find it in writeing

Coal Cracker

Just to remind you this is all hypothetical because I am in no position to buy a deuce right now.

Come spring time maybe, but right now no

I would love to put antique tags on it.

However, my biggest problem is I can already see what the guys in my WWII re-enactor group will say

"Well mike you have a deuce, can we use it to move our stuff to (insert event here)"

And what’s the point of having the truck if you can’t haul anything with it??

Our longest trip is from Philly to Pittsburgh,

We also have a tendency to get stuck running after dark too

Isn’t there a "no driving after dark" thing with the antique plates???

Mike

I can honestly say you'd be ok with an Antique Tag. I have three vehicles tagged Antique and 1 with Classic. I've had them for quite a number of years now, with no trouble, Rain, Hail, Sleet, Snow, Dark, Hauling.
The trick is that I never made a habit of driving in those conditions.

The driving in dark issue was intended for model T's and other horseless carriages with limited lighting, such as kerosene lamps, I've been told time and time again by LEO's and Harisburg that I can drive at night with Antique (As long as all of my lights work)

I can truly say that I've pushed my limit with the Antique tag, with hauling and trailering with the classic tag.

But I think the main thing is, if you're driving a ratty beat up deuce with mud and cornstalks sticking out of the grille and 10 tons of cargo every other day, you'll get pinched.

If you're hauling the ocassional load, and espicially if it's for club, show use, you'll be fine.

MikeON

I've had mine inspected 2 different places, twice a year. I have weight class 8 sticker and commercial tags. The cheaper inspection place charges $26.50, and required no changes from original vehicle other than a licensce plate light, which I already had.

I took it a different place once because the usual place was booked up. The second place charged $41 and I had to put on backup lights and make the parking lights on with the headlights. Had to make those changes and bring it back. I probably could have argued the point, but those are good features anyway. No one has commented on the lack of side markers yet, but I'm planning to add them too.

RandyMcB

It is my understanding that as long as your deuce is reg. under 26,001. it can be inspected by any liscensed mechanic. As far as writing mine off for my business, I did not want to put commercial tags on it, being as I have a CDL, I was affraid that in the rare event I had an adult beverage before driving the deuce, I would fall under the commercial guidelines and only be allowed to be a .04 before being guilty of D.U.I.