• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question: M35 OA331 hand throttle cable P/N

Kaiser67M715

Hi all, looking for the part number/and or total length for the locking Hand Throttle Cable for the OA331 gas motor, I managed to misplace my parts book, and the end of the cable that broke-so unable to get full length.

My brother has access to Mack truck parts, and we think we may be able to find a suitable replacement.

Thanks

OD_Coyote

Don't know the length, but here are the numbers:
NSN PN DESC.
2590-00-679-3179 9092643 CONTROL ASSEMBLY PUSH-PULL: HAND THROTTLE,W/T HANDLE A

Barrman

I bought a multifuel hand throttle and just cut it down to fit. Works great. Looks stock too.

If you are not concerned about keeping it stock. Try to get an aircraft type vernier style hand throttle. Infinite adjustment is nice.

Kaiser67M715

Well, found my parts book, but no FSN in them, just Part #'s which I haven't been able to cross reference yet.

Now I thought the multi-fuel cables were shorter, so that's why I was hesitant to purchase one online, cause I originally saw those on Ebay

Now I also found another cable, NSN 2590-01-163-5010, length is nominal at 44 inches, also ebay stated for M35 2-1/2 ton truck, and again another 2590-00-679-3179NSN, 48"(this one looks identical to the multi-fuel one I originally found)

So I am going to order the 48" one and see how it works, and will let everyone know how it goes. My brother was unable to find a cable, jumped from 36" lengths up to 72" with none in between.
[h=1][/h]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks