• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question on a "sprag" transfer case

appnut1

I am in the proces of bobbing my duece and I am waiting on a longer drive shaft to be made.When I went to move the truck on the front axle I put it 1st gear and nothing, put it in reverse and nothing, put the transfer case in low and nothing, in all three scenerios the rear axle output on the transfer case was spinning but nothing out the front :cry: .
Does anyone have a clue on where to start looking and how big of a deal is the likely repair, I do not have the funds right now to do an air shift.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: Question on a "sprag" trabsfer case

appnut1 said:
I do not have the funds right now to do an air shift.
It is a very simple job. You still have the bed off ? Just put an airshift and be done with it. 4 to 6 hours of labor and the t-case isn't that much...$350 tops. Trust me, you'll be much happier with your truck.

appnut1

RE: Re: Question on a "sprag" trabsfer case

Anyone want to trade an airshift case and all needed hardware and valves for a complete hub to hub rear axle with tourque rods and bogey set up?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor

I'd say with a large degree of confidence that you need to adjust your transfer case linkage. There is a sticky posted in this forum that tells you how to do this.

HTH,
David Doyle

appnut1

I'd say with a large degree of confidence that you need to adjust your transfer case linkage. There is a sticky posted in this forum that tells you how to do this.
Dave, I was under the impression that the sprag was over ridden when the transfer case is placed in low range

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: Question on a "sprag" trabsfer case

appnut1 said:
Dave, I was under the impression that the sprag was over ridden when the transfer case is placed in low range
No, The front axle only kicks in when the back tires spin or in your case as soon as the back output of the t-case spins it should kick in. High or low dosen't matter.

RE: Re: RE: Re: Question on a "sprag" trabsfer cas

Appnut1 i got a real good air shift 2.5 case that i think still has never been installed since it was rebuilt by uncle Sam. Let me know if you need it, if you decide to swap yours out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks