• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question on Brakes

I have the Deuce running now but I'm not so sure that the brakes are up to snuff. When I hit the pedal it has some resistance about half the way down but there seems to be no effective braking until it hits the half way point. Then the brakes seem to work but I'm not sure they will stop the vehicle quickly. The PO let the truck sit for about 18 months and once I got the truck home (towed) I started checking things and the brake reservoir was empty. There was only a trace of fluid in the bottom. Can you guys tell me "how" the brake "suppose" to feel.

:grd:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had this same issue when I got my first deuce. It was air in the lines. Make a power bleeder (plenty of threads on this topic) out of a garden sprayer and bleed the heck out of the system. I ran at least a quart of brake fluid thru the truck before getting the pesky air pockets out of the lines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks