• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question on my 1031 and its towing performance.

Swamp Rooster

Hello all , I have a question about my 1031 and how it handles when I tow ...or even when I am not really. It seems at hwy speeds ( around 55) when I let off the accelerator or get on it quick , my truck kind of pulls sideways a little ..Is that normal for these trucks?
Thank you all in advance .. Swamp Rooster

Mercunimog404

Banned
Hello all , I have a question about my 1031 and how it handles when I tow ...or even when I am not really. It seems at hwy speeds ( around 55) when I let off the accelerator or get on it quick , my truck kind of pulls sideways a little ..Is that normal for these trucks?
Thank you all in advance .. Swamp Rooster
rear locker locking and unlocking or vise versa

TGP (IL)

Check your rear springs and bushings
The more they wear or something loose the more noticeable the pull becomes.
Also both rear tires must match in size and air pressure.
Tom

Swamp Rooster

I do notice that when I am gentler getting on and off the gas it is better and when empty I could hardly tell ( as long as I drove to suit the truck) . When I was pulling the trailer I could really tell..
I thought maybe those weight distributing sway bars might help wile towing .. Swamp Rooster...

evldoer

My 1031 does the same thing, and I always just blamed it on the lift kit I installed to clear the 37 inch tires. Hate to say it, but I learned to just live with it.