• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question regarding manual tandem Windshield / wiper parts.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TM shows part number 7069272 with N&P No 454602 as the "collar" assembly for a MB/GPW tandem hand windshield wiper assembly and 7069274 with N&P no. 454603 as the "lock" for the same assembly.

I am gathering parts for a 1943 GPW restore and am looking for any help I can get to find these (two of each) items or measurements and dimensions so I can make them?

I will try to attach a photo. Any help is appreciated

Last edited:

FrankUSMC

I might have a spare. I did at one time.
Real fast war story on the hand operator wipers for the WWII jeep. Ok, two....
First, back in the mid 1980s, a big vehicle surplus vender posted the wipers for sell in an issue of Supply Line (the old MVCC). It was the tandem one. He had them listed for $6.00! I bought one set, as it was all I could really afford at the time. I still have the set I bought that day. The next issue they went up to $46.00.
Also, back in the mid 1980s some one printed a story in Army Motors on the jeep hand wipers they had purchased that were still new in the box never touched since WWII. Inside the box was a young ladies name and address, wanting a soldier to write her.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
PS Torisco, please bug me with PMs to remind me to check in the jeep barn for the part.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might have a spare. I did at one time.
Real fast war story on the hand operator wipers for the WWII jeep. Ok, two....
First, back in the mid 1980s, a big vehicle surplus vender posted the wipers for sell in an issue of Supply Line (the old MVCC). It was the tandem one. He had them listed for $6.00! I bought one set, as it was all I could really afford at the time. I still have the set I bought that day. The next issue they went up to $46.00.
Also, back in the mid 1980s some one printed a story in Army Motors on the jeep hand wipers they had purchased that were still new in the box never touched since WWII. Inside the box was a young ladies name and address, wanting a soldier to write her.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
PS Torisco, please bug me with PMs to remind me to check in the jeep barn for the part.

Hey there FrankUSMC,

Cannot thank you enough for trying to find the parts I need. I will continue to bug you for them.
I have one additional problem...

Now cones the technical part...This jeep had a after service PTO rigged up to it for ??? one reason or another. The frame and glove data plate serial numbers match and are verified GPW 1943 with G503. I have posted some pictures for you to look at on the thread to see if you can tell what in
the world the PTO was used for.

.Dana 18-H PTO connected to Xfer case.jpgRear PTO frame attachment.jpgPTO driveshaft.jpgPTO output spline.jpgPTO rear leather boot..jpgPTO rear universal joint.jpgPTO shift lever 2.jpgPTO shift lever 1.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks