• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question: where to get a clearer copy of a TM?

NormB

How does one go about getting a HIGH resolution copy of the TMs with the wiring diagrams?

I just got back from kinko's where I was going to print out page 1160 of TM-9-2320-280-20-3 (Unit Maint Book 3) and even enlarged it's nearly impossible to read the numbers on the circuits.

Just as well, neither of the employees there knew how to use the large format printer anyway, but they agreed about the image being fuzzy.

This is a TM I downloaded from this site.

I imagine at one time these were mainly available in hard copy, there was a push to digitize everything at DoD in the early 1990s and with the scanner technology available then (or even January 1996, the date on the latest update I have) was still around 600dpi, IIRC. LASER printing was still in its infancy comparatively, copiers still used volatile toner.

I'm sure an original copy COULD be found if I knew anyone at Ft. Meade, Dietrick or other post with an active motor pool/library, but I don't and I'd sure like to have a LEGIBLE copy (i.e. - no guessing what the numbers are) of a wiring diagram for a HMMWV.

Any ideas, suggestions, other locations?

Thanks.

Norm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks