• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to replace a wheel cylinder on the rear axle of my deuce. I looked at the parts cross-reference page and could only find a wheel cylinder kit. Is this a rebuild kit, or a cylinder? If a kit, what is the part # of the cylinder itself?

TIA

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those NAPA 45s are rebuild kits. Not aware of a cviy interchange for the deuce. Get ahold of a dealer and get some shipped.

Barrman

OD Iron has new cylinders and rebuild kits at great prices. You can always watch E-Bay too. There are 6 new cylinders on there right now at $106 total.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, next questions, I am limited on time, so how hard is it to rebuild? And I go to NAPA and ask for the 45s kit?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rebuilding a wheel cylinder is very easy. Remove the pistons and everything between gets replaced. Th cylinder will have to be honed but a brake hone is very inexpensive. Any pitting remaining after honing is grounds for replacement. You will be surprised with NAPA. The kits are much more expensive than the dealers sell them for and my NAPA would have had to order them and they wanted to charge me the shipping.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks