• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

questions about blackout (convoy) lights

BigGriz86

hey everyone, im selling a guy the blackout lights off my M1009. I dont use them, and ill probly be replacing the bumpers anyway with trail units to hold a winch and a swing away spare tire. And this guy seems to be trying to create a "correct" and numbers matching CUCV. The previous owner destroyed the wiring harness in a sad attempt to install fog lights on the blackout light switch, so i have no idea if they work. I dont want to sell the guy inop parts, so i was wondering if there was a way to test them either by running 12 or 24 volts through them, or using a voltmeter to measure the ohm's across the light assemblies and look for a certain spec.

also, are these lights LED's?

thanks in advance for any help yall can offer.

acetomatoco

Just use a 12V source like a battery charger and test em like any other light. Black to ground and red to power. Or a couple jumper wires off your wifie's VW battery.

Bigmick

I'll prob get shot down in flames, but, as far as I know, and I did try taking 1 apart, they're a sealed unit, plastic box with a small circuit board inside, lights are LEDS, the whole thing sealed with some kind of silicon gunk. I suppose it is feaseable to replace them, carefully remove the back plate, unsolder the old and replace with new, then seal the whole thing with silicon. I gave up in the end and robbed, ahem, borrowed some off a scrap truck, due to the UK convoy light shortage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks