• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

questions about flipping the rear hubs

dreadneck

you can get the front style wheel nuts from, od iron, boyce equipment, or ebay to name a few.... i have a bunch of inoperable m105 trailers so i just robbed from those when i did my single conversion....definitely use the front style nuts. don't half ass it.

williamh

Dont worry I did a little.....

I pounded out the studs and started pounding them back in the same way.... took till the 4th one to notice.

On the front since the axle is in backwards, when I flipped the knuckles, repacked bearings and new seals....I forgot to switch sides for the hubs, so the left handed lugs are on the wrong side.

Oh well we all make mistakes....
this will turn out bad ... the reason they have left and right handed threads is so the lug nuts will not try and unscrew themselves . im not trying to preach ... but i had this happen to me ... i was helping a friend of mine repair his truck ... he had done the breaks and switched the hubs .. i got it running and got about 2mi. down the road and noticed a nasty shimmy .. though i had a flat .. it was one set of duals falling off ... kind of funny .... had to walk down the road and pick up lug nuts ..

my 2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks