• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions about M925.

I found an M925 5 ton truck for sale locally, and I'm thinking about buying it, but I have no experience with them, and I'm new to MV's so I want to get all the information I can first. I tried running a search online, but didn't come up with much. The FAQ link appears to be broken.

Is it diesel only, or is it multi fuel capable?
What is the milage?
What is the top speed?
How is the acceleration?
How is the handling?
What is the stopping distance?
Is there any way to tell at a glance if it has the central tire inflation system, and ABS upgrades installed?
Is the safety without the ABS upgrade really so bad you can't safely exceed 40 mph?
Did the ABS, and new tires really fix the problem?
How is the reliability?
Anything in particular to look for/check?
Can they be driven with a standard license, or is a CDL required?

What would be a fair price?

Thanks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why do you want it?

Why do you want it?
I've been interested in getting one (and MV's in general) for some time, but right now I just desperately need a new vehicle, and there is nothing available localy that's in my price range that actually runs, except for maybe this, that I actually want one is a nice bonus though.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need a new vehicle?

How do you plan to use one?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found an M925 5 ton truck for sale locally, and I'm thinking about buying it, but I have no experience with them, and I'm new to MV's so I want to get all the information I can first. I tried running a search online, but didn't come up with much. The FAQ link appears to be broken.

Is it diesel only, or is it multi fuel capable? Diesel
What is the milage? 3-5 MPG
What is the top speed? 2100 RPM or 55MPH
How is the acceleration? week and a half 0 TO 55MPH
How is the handling? Like a big heavy car with no shocks
What is the stopping distance? LONG
Is there any way to tell at a glance if it has the central tire inflation system, and ABS upgrades installed? YES, IT WILL HAVE CTIS AIRLINES ON ALL TIRES AND SHIELD ON THE FRONT RIM'S YOU CAN'T MISS IT, ABS will have an ABS light in the panel next to your battery and starter switch.
Is the safety without the ABS upgrade really so bad you can't safely exceed 40 mph? NO YOU CAN IGNORE WHAT THE ARMY SAYS IS SAFE at your own peril and the rest of the people on the road.
Did the ABS, and new tires really fix the problem? WHAT NEW TIRES?
How is the reliability? questionable
Anything in particular to look for/check? Everything.
Can they be driven with a standard license, or is a CDL required? Depends on the state. Here in MN, registered as a farm vehicle it's my understanding anyone basically can drive anything intrastate

What would be a fair price? Whatever you are willing to pay and what the seller will accept. Good price IMO is under 3K for a M925. There are M925, M925A1(super single tires), M925A2 (super single tires and CTIS and much better engine IMO. A1 and A2 will increase the price.

Thanks.
see above