• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions about the belts on my deuce

Lonesome715

When I got this truck there were no belts on the accessory drives. Can some one tell me how they are routed and if there are part numbers I can take to a local parts store to cross refference?

Attachments

Heavysteven

Should be around 35 seconds into video

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw7uW8qJ9NU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]

I will have to dig for the napa numbers.

Last edited:

Lonesome715

That was very helpfull! I think I got a good enough view of how the belts go on. I did not know about that wrench either. I wonder where I can get one.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be sure to get the second wrench! As the belt tightens, it will just want to rotate the compressor. Comdriver's companion wrench is a good match and is easy to handle.

Chevyman_15237

The alternator belt # i found on the old cross reference list here was 25-9465..... i acutally just ordered a set. I'm not sure what p/n's are correct, I haven't recieved them yet to put them on! As far as the wrench.. I made one a while back with a cad drawing that was posted on here somewhere. It was to scale; I scribed it onto some 1/8" steel and used a plasma cutter to cut the center of the wrench out. After grinding and cleaning it up, I welded two pieces of flat stock to the handle portion of the plate. Just an idea rather than spending money.... that's if you have the resources to make it!

Lonesome715

I was thinking about making a set myself. I triad a fan cluthc wrench for the back side and it worked. I did not have the front side installed at the time but I think I may have one that will work for that as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks