• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions about trailering MEP005/M200A1

nofear

I won a MEP005 on a M200A1 and I'm just waiting for the EUC to clear. The question I have is bringing this baby home. I have access to several truck's but all are civilian. Will I have an issue with the Air Brakes? Meaning are the brakes locked until air is applied (think semi)?

Anything else I should be aware of?

oilcan

You won't have a problem wth brakes. This type of setup won't apply the brakes without air.

Oh, if you do a quick search, you'll find all kinds of good info. There have been a lot of 105 recovery questions asked lately.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may encounter more problems without brakes. That genset and trailer are not light..

nofear

Ok, thanks for the pointers. I'm just trying to decide to pull it directly, or load it on a car hauler trailer and bring it back on. It will be a long trip.

maplehillfrm

Ok, thanks for the pointers. I'm just trying to decide to pull it directly, or load it on a car hauler trailer and bring it back on. It will be a long trip.

if you have access to a trailer that will probably be the way to go, especially if its a long trip,,over 100 miles,,,these are heavy, just the trailer alone is 2500 plus,,,

also keep in mind if you are going to put it on a trailer the tire width of the m200a is about 8 feet,,, so unless you have a deckover trailer it wont fit in between the wheel wells,, and the weight of the whole unit will have to be over the axle,, --- if you only bring the wheels to the wheel wells you will be WAY heavy in the back,,

just one more thing to think about,,

jimm1009

Take off the outer wheels & tires before loading onto the trailer and this may make it easier to load and a lot narrower too.
You will need to know the track width of the civy car hauler that you are going to use but I Ditto that because it will have surge brakes or electric brakes that will allow you to stop in a hurry for the "crazies" out there on the road.
You will need a 6 x 6 or equivelent to lay across the front of the trailer (or back) depending on how you load it in which the tonge can rest.
Most car haulers are just two trackes and not an actual trailer bed. This is an easy fix even in a rental.
Pics will be nice when the job is finished so we can learn from your "trials".
Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks