• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

questions on buying a hummer?

Blazer1987

I was on gov planet and found a nice humvee and its in my state. It has the 6.5 L diesel but no turbo? Do you guys know if they made a HMMWV with the 6.5 L with a turbo?

saddamsnightmare

July 29th, 2015.

Blazer 1987:

Respectfully,

Buy a HMMWV that was sold by the USMC back in the 1990's and which was known to have an SF-97 convertible to a clear title. Otherwise, do not buy one from GL or GP as they are titled "OFF ROAD ONLY'. No way to break that contract, it descends with the bill of sale and is binding on the first and later owners until the vehicle is finally scrapped.

If you want a good running off and on road vehicle, break down and buy a U1300L Unimog with Ultra High Speed axles, they run 10X better then the HMMWV and are able to be serviced all around the world.

Blazer1987

So basically you cant register and drive a HMMWV on the road? Ive seen them driving around where I live. It says on gov planet that you can get a bill of sale, or SF97,or a Florida title.

Blazer1987

Who said this is getting painfull? I thought this site was to ask questions and talk about stuff? I dont need comments like that. Dont read it if its painfull.

saddamsnightmare

July 29th, 2015.

Unless GL or GP is selling HMMWV's from the original Marine trade in contract, all later HMMWV's sold by the military were to be purely sold as off road use, anyone telling you otherwise is going to land an unformed buyer in a world of hurt. And any uniformed buyer who attempts to break Uncle Sam's "Off Road Use" restriction will land in a world of hurt.
See post No. 26 above.

Blazer1987

Who said this is getting painfull? I thought this site was to ask questions and talk about stuff? I dont need comments like that. Dont read it if its painfull.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's keep it civil and steer away from HMMWV title questions.

Any info about HMMWV title issues can be found in the sticky I linked to earlier.

tage

Your posts are the ones that are painful and annoying. Learn to not be so negative and you'll be a lot happier in life
:deadhorse::deadhorse:
You seriously need to look into AM General's website/wikipedia/general google search/ect. Will tell you everything you have wanted to know, and possibly more. When you have specific questions that a google search will not suffice then post something useful.

You'll also have to read the fine print on the GovPlanet site "which is ironically on the IronPlanet website". As mentioned before you'll be happier with a unimog that you can enjoy on the streets then a hmmwv that you can't even legally take anywhere...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks