• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions on M796 Bolster Trailer

KsM715

Rumor is that they won't fit over the drums on a 105. (Haven't personally confirmed this, Just a rumor I heard when I asked at the salvage yard about a couple of wheels)

giaesolar

What do you pull your bolster trailer with out of curiosity?. I just bought one and it is arriving this week. I am thinking of doing an electric over hydraulic conversion on it and ditch the pneumatic system.

6x6junkie

hello I have a set of the bolster trailer wheels and tires on my 105 fit great and lower It down to usable height for firewood. the rims I got off a common e site dirt cheap nos

Sgt Skipper

I have an M796 Bolster Trailer. It's a general purpose trailer and the Army used them to haul poles, pipes, etc. It weighs 5000 lbs and carries an 8000 payload. It has a center fixed axle and two independent axles with springs wheels that pivot; for traveling over rocky or rough terrain. The tongue extends out 5 ft. to make the overall length 23 ft. I can haul a dozen 40 ft. telephone poles with ease.