• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions on my new toys-M211 & M135

Gunfreak25

Call Tom at Alfa Heaven. He has done the CCKW 5 speed swap. According to him a lot of "cutting and hacking" is required.

1-715-449-2141

goodfellaelvin

i will keep that in mind....thanks........So i will be posting pictures as soon as i go pick the deuces up. i am going to post everything i am going to do and post all the pictures from pick up, to delivery, and the work i will be doing to the trucks. I love taking pictures for the step by step process of fixing the deuces both to help keep things in order and so i keep track of all the work in steps. That way it helps me and everybody out there too. I am very into taking pictures so every image will be documented. To be continued..........

p.s. Does anyone know how much does a M211 bed weigh?
..... Has anyone seen a M135 Wrecker?
..... If no, Does anyone know if it is possible to put a wrecker bed on the back of a M135?
..... I think it might be possible, but only if the wrecker bed is cut around the wheel wells...........
..... Does anyone think that idea is possible?
..... Yes or No, please explain?

Thank You All, Sincerely GoodFellaElvin

Gunfreak25

The bed weight is just shy of 2000lbs.
i don't think there was ever a wrecker GMC made in either countries. However, there were a few maintenance recovery trucks also known as "knucklebooms". They are extremely difficult to find.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/early-deuce/41350-m135-cdn-mrt-rebuild-beginnings.html

For info on how to attatch a M108 wrecker body to a G749 chassis PM "firefox" here.

I think it is most certainly possible but you'll want probably want the type of PTO with two rear outputs which are rare as a chickens nuggets. There are other ways around that though.

goodfellaelvin

Thank you GF25- Knucklebooms, i never heard of that before. Its cool looking, it is the exact same idea i had in my head with a deuce a few months ago. I see why they are rare now.

So, now lets talk about windows. In the picture there is a window behind the door? I thought the Canadian version was the deuces with the windows. Does that mean that's a deuce from Canada? The next truck didn't have a window. So that means the second truck is American?.

Does any one know where there is a military museum with the Gmc M135 and M211? Is there a museum with just them deuces or is it a military vehicle museum? I want to go to both kinds. So if any one knows, let me know and i will give you a salute.

I have been wanting to go learn more about my passion, and there is nothing like hands on education. I am stilling trying to get the deuces home, so its a on going challenge.

I Salute You All, To our brothers over seas, and to all family's, Hope is just over the hill.