• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Questions on Wiring APC Dome Light.

Dozer11B

I'm not an electrical guru, so please bear with me.

I found a lot of posts/threads where folks have installed these lights, but they didn't get very specific as to how they went about it.

From what I have pieced together it seems 14ga wire was used and some folks said a 15a inline fuse would do it. Is this correct?

Would I wire this into an accessory slot in the fuse panel under the dash? I understand there are both 12 and 24 volt slots under there so I would test them to find out.

Thanks in advance.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The housing needs to be grounded. All of the APC lights I've encountered had 24V bulbs. You can either switch them to 12V or tap the one 24V fuse in the bottom slot of the fuse box. I have the one in my M1008 running the 24V side.

Dozer11B

The housing needs to be grounded. All of the APC lights I've encountered had 24V bulbs. You can either switch them to 12V or tap the one 24V fuse in the bottom slot of the fuse box. I have the one in my M1008 running the 24V side.
Ok looking at the -20, it appears that is labeled as "12. 10 amp/28 v (Voltmeter) Fuse". The accessory slot next to it goes to that fuse correct?

Thanks.

ETA: Pic of how I'm gonna mount it. Ground should be good I think.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dozer11B

I ran it to the power block for the radio tray
That's the "radio terminal board" next to the fuel filter assembly in the -20 correct?

I plugged the wire into the "12. 10 amp/28 v (Voltmeter) Fuse" spot on the fuse block and the light will only come on with the headlights and the brightness adjusts when I turn the headlight knob to adjust the gauges, lol.

taylordc15

That's the "radio terminal board" next to the fuel filter assembly in the -20 correct?

I plugged the wire into the "12. 10 amp/28 v (Voltmeter) Fuse" spot on the fuse block and the light will only come on with the headlights and the brightness adjusts when I turn the headlight knob to adjust the gauges, lol.
No, mine still had the radio tray in it. power for it comes in just aft of the passenger side doorMVC-010F.jpg you can just see the buss bar below the tray.

Dozer11B

Yeah I don't have that buss bar. I get 24v to the one under the hood behind the battery, so I think I'll just wire it in there.

Thanks.

ETA: Wired in to the buss bar under the hood with a 15a fuse and working good. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks