• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick, Cheap Glad Hand Inflator

chadande

I've purchased a few of these and they work pretty good. Just buy the adaptor to go from 3/4" to the normal 1/4" quick disconnect coupler for a couple bucks and you can connect another hose or tool.
I keep one of these and a 25' hose in the truck so I can easily reach anywhere from either the gladhand or the air connection in the cab (also with a 1/4" quick disconnect).

http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/product/glad-hands-3199.cfm

So, the big question is this: Is it better run directly off of the air tank, or use the "extra tank option" between the glad hand and the tools themselves. Both have been mentioned above, and both sound reasonable. The more accessible option is obviously the spare tank off of glad hand. But if the pressure and volume(CFM) is greater directly off of the air reservoir, it might be worth the extra trouble.

Ideas?

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed an actual hose reel with hi-flo fittings directly off the tank for about 40 dollars. The glad hand method is tried and true and a few bucks checper, but you still have to store the hose somewhere. When I'm done using my hose I just retract it.

I would opt for a separate tank solution, maybe made of a good old air compressor tank. On this, you can mount a set of outlets for an assortment of devices like an oiler for tools, pressure regulators and water separators / filter for a spray gun, and so on.

The little fitting in the cab is really only for inflating tires, I don't think you can hook up power tools there because of the small diameter of the pressure line (but maybe I stand corrected here).

One more thing on my list....

Cheers,
Mark

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would opt for a separate tank solution, maybe made of a good old air compressor tank. On this, you can mount a set of outlets for an assortment of devices like an oiler for tools, pressure regulators and water separators / filter for a spray gun, and so on.

The little fitting in the cab is really only for inflating tires, I don't think you can hook up power tools there because of the small diameter of the pressure line (but maybe I stand corrected here).

One more thing on my list....

Cheers,
Mark
We used the cab fitting with a 3/8" hose and 1/4" fittings to power my 1/2" gun through two tires swaps last dirt bag. Until I installed the reel I used that set up to run every air tool I took out to the truck since it takes 200 feet of hose to reach it from my shop compressor.

Yesterday I swapped every fitting on all my hoses and tools to either hi-flo 1/4" or 3/8".

A lesson I learned from my SS friends.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks