• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick fast yes or no Question ??

tourus

will the front diff. cover of a dana 60 come off with out removing the tie rod. I am in the process of putting new u-joints in in front end . wanted to pull diff. cover to replace gear oil .. but am not sure if the cover will come off out of way to clean up good for new gasket . and sealer.?????

CUCVLOVER

I pulled mine with out removing the tie rod.
The refilling was tricky with a funnel and a gallon of oil. Buy big cheap plastic turkey baster or something to fill it with. You suck the oil from the jug and put it in the diff.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never replaced the gear oil in my front differential, so I can't answer yes or no to your question. I'd like to throw some advice your way if you don't mind. While you're under the truck, check everything and replace worn components as long as you have it on jack stands. Go through the brakes, brake lines, bearings, hubs, steering components, et cetera. My thread might help you if you discover some issues.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?125140-M1009-Tie-Rod-End-Replacement-Project

tourus

OK great that is why it is on jack stands brakes u-joints bearings the "whole nine" even the rubber brake line. need it all as there is now 62000+ on the truck and it is a DD. Thanks for the quick reply now I will continue on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks