• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick Fist clamps

Heavy D.

I have been wanting to get a rifle mount in my A3 for a while and wasn't fond of the Milspec ones, because they seemed a bit cumbersome, and being metal wouldn't be too gentle on the wood stock of my m1 carbine.

After much searching I came across this brand called "Quick Fist" they specialize in rubber clamps of all different sizes to suite any of your tool/ accessory securing needs. I opted with their 3" diameter version for my rifle. The 3" clamp is 10 dollars, made of very thick durable rubber, and is UV resistant. It can be adjusted with by snapping the tab around 1 of the many notches. They mount with a single 1/4" bolt and washers. Unfortunately the hardware is not included :neutral:.

I decided to mount my rifle just to the right of the gear tower resting on the transmission hump, for ease of access, and it wouldn't get in the way. Since I didn't want to drill any holes in my dash It was a very convenient spot because of the 2 holes already there. I'd say the only downside is I cant really see my transmission temp gauge unless I lean a little, but no big deal in my eyes. This thing is very sturdy and I am more than sure it can serve as a cup holder, so long as it is tapered somewhat.

I bought a pack of 2 smaller ones that I will use to mount a mag light or something, there are 100s of possibilities.

Attachments

Heavy D.

How did you secure the but end of the rifle?
I dont have anything on the bottom of the rifle at the moment. I am confident that the rubber clamp is holding it tight enough that it will prevent any movement. It is really snug when synched! I wont be able to know for sure until i am finished with my tire swap and take her for a spin.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont have anything on the bottom of the rifle at the moment. I am confident that the rubber clamp is holding it tight enough that it will prevent any movement. It is really snug when synched! I wont be able to know for sure until i am finished with my tire swap and take her for a spin.
I think that a place for the stock to rest on or in, with rubber cushioning, would also prevent the chafing that is certain to occur when the stock is resting on the cab floor.

Heavy D.

I think that a place for the stock to rest on or in, with rubber cushioning, would also prevent the chafing that is certain to occur when the stock is resting on the cab floor.
I wont have the problem of chafing because the A3 has the neato rubber floor mats already installed:cool:. Yes I absolutely agree that anyone with the bare metal floor should get a rubber pad/ coupler of sorts to alleviate that problem that would certainly exist.

1-2 more days and she'll be ready for a test drive. :driver:

to be continued>>>>...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks