• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick GL Question: If GL "Lot #" is greater than 6000 on a vehicle....

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi, I have a quick question. I have never made a purchase from GL yet, but I am possibly considering a truck that is listed on there. But I have been reading the "Terms & Conditions" on the GL website, and something just doesn't make sense.

TRANSFER OF TITLE TO VEHICLES: Government Liquidation will supply a SF97 to customers under the following conditions: The vehicle must have been sold in a "useable" property sale (Sale No. is less than 6000). GL will not issue SF97s for vehicles sold in Scrap material sales (Sales No. is greater than or equal to 6000).

Here is my question: Is the "Sales number" they are referring to here, the "Lot #" listed at the top of the auction page???? Why I ask, this truck is in good condition, and even states that they drove it into the lot. But the lot number is higher than 6000!?

So does this mean I can't get an SF-97? And if I can't get an SF-97, does that mean that I also will not be able to title the vehicle period?????? Why would they do that to a drivable vehicle? And why would people bother bidding that much for a vehicle that can only be scrapped.....?

Or am I just completely Lost here?

:lost:

KsM715

No, your good to go. Lot numbers are assigned by location. For example, all the lots at Ft Riley are always in the 7000's but I know many members that have bought and titled trucks out of there.

Edit: the sale # is the event ID #. Sale # 1234 with have lot #'s from anywhere around 3000 to 8000.

Last edited:

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, your good to go. Lot numbers are assigned by location. For example, all the lots at Ft Riley are always in the 7000's but I know many members that have bought and titled trucks out of there.

Edit: the sale # is the event ID #. Sale # 1234 with have lot #'s from anywhere around 3000 to 8000.

Oh Ok, So I was completely lost.
But it sounds like that is a good thing this time :)

I was going to say, that is ridiculous if a truck that is drivable is listed for scrap only. I couldn't figure it out for sure, So I just thought I would ask. Thanks for the fast reply and info.

So do you know what the "sales number" is that they are referring to? Just our of curiosity and to remember for future use.

48cj2a

The condition code is assigned based on economic repairs to make it seriveable to the government along with other factors allowing the unit to be turned in to DRMO.

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Well you edited and answered my question before I could even post my reply. Thanks Again for the sale # explanation as well.

KsM715

If you do a search for "condition code" you'll likely find that most here do put to much faith in them. Thats Just a code the Mil. supply chain uses to justify turning in something as surplus.

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you do a search for "condition code" you'll likely find that most here do put to much faith in them. Thats Just a code the Mil. supply chain uses to justify turning in something as surplus.
The condition code is assigned based on economic repairs to make it seriveable to the government along with other factors allowing the unit to be turned in to DRMO.

Yeah that's kind of what I figured, I just thought it might have something to do with their paperwork though.

KsM715

Hummm.... Ok, well what if the "Event Id" is greater than 6000????

That one is a little more tricky. I think the GL TOSpolicy hasn't kept up with the amount of Event Id #'s. There are sales that are "scrap only" sales and usually those will state in the description somewhere about "no sf-97 will be issued". But if its a single truck in one lot and there was no statement about "no sf-97" I wouldnt worry (too much) about getting a title. Like wreckerman said, there are ways to get a title to register a vehicle without getting the sf-97.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it list the quantity in pounds instead of number of items it's a scrap sale. That's usually how I take a quick look at the listing and can tell.

Scrap sales aren't all bad though. You can find good equipment listed as scrap sometimes. Just make sure it doesn't say "mutilation required" though. If it does it may be good in the pics but it won't be by the time you get it.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Gl has run out of Low #'s most auctions for non scrap jumped up to 100XX or above 6000, scrap or demil auctions are in the 8XXX which is also grater than 6000. It's confusing but a scrap/demill will have [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]All scrap under this contract requires mutilation.[/FONT]

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[FONT=&quot]
There are ways to get scrap vehicles titled.
Unless it says the vehicle is scrap you can get an SF-97 for it.
[/FONT]

That one is a little more tricky. I think the GL TOSpolicy hasn't kept up with the amount of Event Id #'s. There are sales that are "scrap only" sales and usually those will state in the description somewhere about "no sf-97 will be issued". But if its a single truck in one lot and there was no statement about "no sf-97" I wouldnt worry (too much) about getting a title. Like wreckerman said, there are ways to get a title to register a vehicle without getting the sf-97.
[FONT=&quot]
Yeah, I could care less if I have to get a rebuilt title or whatever, just so that I can get a title. But it doesn't say anything about "scrap only" nor that a Sf-97 won't be issued. So I think you're right, I should be in the clear.

[/FONT]

KsM715

I'm going to try to do this without steppong on anyones toes.

There is a sale coming up with an ID number in the 10'000's. I do not believe that sale is a "scrap" sale and would be willing to bet you can get an sf-97 for any of those vehicles.

If your still a little leary about it you can call or go on "live chat" on GL's site and ask if you can get sf-97's for those lots.

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gl has run out of Low #'s most auctions for non scrap jumped up to 100XX or above 6000, scrap or demil auctions are in the 8XXX which is also grater than 6000. It's confusing but a scrap/demill will have [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]All scrap under this contract requires mutilation.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I was starting to think that might have been the case. They really need to update or clarify that in their Terms and Conditions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
If it list the quantity in pounds instead of number of items it's a scrap sale. That's usually how I take a quick look at the listing and can tell.
Nope, it just states "Quanity: 1" So thats a good sign.

Scrap sales aren't all bad though. You can find good equipment listed as scrap sometimes. Just make sure it doesn't say "mutilation required" though. If it does it may be good in the pics but it won't be by the time you get it.
Ok, I get it now. Even If it were a "scrap" vehicle, that doesn't mean that it has to be destroyed. Only if it is specified as such. In either case, it does not say anything about it even being scrap.

So if I do decide to bid, (and happen to win) I should be Ok with getting an SF97.

I was just worried that I might be missing something here with their policy's and numbers. But I think I got it now.

At least now if I do bid, I won't have that "...what if..." in the back of my mind.
So thanks Everyone for helping to straighten out my thinking on this [thumbzup]

[/FONT]

KsM715

Thats site specific. Some lots will let you drive it off, some want it towed or trailered off the lot. That does not mean you cant have a tow company tow it out of the gate to a parking lot then do the PMCS there and drive it home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks