• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick question about OD Iron

IHASFIP

I was just wondering what the wait time was on recieving stuff now? I am needing to order the front axle seals and boots kit, and I need them here in the next 2 weeks. What is the best way to reach them?

D

CGarbee

I ordered some five ton (M817) and 1/4 ton (M38) parts about a little over a week ago. Used the on-line order form. I think I paid with a CC, might have used Paypal...

Got the parts about a week later.

Had several emails concerning the order (the five ton parts were in stock, the quarter ton stuff is backordered) with a very generous offer to adjust for the backorder conditions based on my schedule/flexibility.

A great transaction.

CGarbee

I thought it odd at first too, but then...
I think that ODIron is pretty much just Mike (with some help from "the girls"), so it may be that he would rather all the initial contact come via email/the website.
I know that you can reach him through the site here as well as through the ODIron site, and, as I mentioned above, he is quick to reply to an email...

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike can get pretty busy in the shop and not get to the e-mails in a timely manner, try Marie, she was very helpful with a rim issue I had recently. Her e-mail is: Marie@odiron.com

IHASFIP

I sent an email and Mike answered me very promptly. Told me if I placed my order this weekend it would ship Monday. So I will definately be sending them some of my money! Gotta fix these annoying leaks. Next to tackle is that winch that leaks like a screen door on a submarine. :evil: And figure out this hydro steering.

D

cornrichard

I ordered some stuff last month off the web site and got it in less than a week. It was a filter kit for m-35 arrived in to batches, air filter drop shipped from somewhere else. I was happy with the service. Corn

tjcouch

All of my parts that I have ordered have been received straight-away. The only thing that took some time were the custom wheels for obvious reasons.

IHASFIP

Like I said that is good to hear. I don't have to have them in a huge rush but I need to fix that stuff before I take it on a 500 mile round trip for a weekend of offroad bashing...

D

ARYankee

I'm still waiting for my parts but they were back ordered. Marie is a big help I contacted her and she gave me a choice of having all my parts sent at one time or have my in stock parts sent then the back ordered. I've been fairly pleased with my orders from there. My only advice would be not to be in a big hurry but I have seen where they have helped some folks out.

Jake0147

I have to agree with the last couple of posts. I have ordered a couple of times, and will order again I'm quite sure. I have never been let down, except for delays. Absolutely not any failures to deliver, just delays. Your stuff will probably come quickly, but that's not guaranteed. That's the nature of smaller businesses. If I needed something delivered right away, guaranteed, holding me up... I'd probably look to one of the bigger dealers first. I must say though that after what happened with my last order... if waiting a little is an option then I'll be happy to be patient sometimes if that's what I have to do.
And use email to contact them. The contact us link on the web site doesn't get checked too often (or maybe it does now with more help around?), but I recall a post some time ago where Mike said that he preferred that even those who had the phone number do their business communications via email... They do get answered promptly.

rivired

If u wanna call up and order stuff on the fone,like i like to do.go to saturnsurplus.com and they have a fone number on there and they answer and ship your stuff same day.And if they dont have somthing they call back right away.

ODIRON

I was just wondering what the wait time was on recieving stuff now? I am needing to order the front axle seals and boots kit, and I need them here in the next 2 weeks. What is the best way to reach them?

D

HI,
If you would like to email me the parts you want to order, I can tell you if we have them in stock. Normal processing time is 48 hrs with in stock merchandise.
Let me know marie@odiron.com

Marie :)

DirtMagnet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are First Class. He shipped me an extra master cylinder rebuild kit. I informed him and he said keep it. I hope he can sustain this pace. You just don't see this type of devotion any more.