• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

quick question!!!!! I'm changing my oil!!

Ronbo

I'm changing my oil right now, and using napa 1133 and the gaskets are different. should I use my old ones ( rubber) or the paper type that come with the filter ,.My guess is the old ones ? Thanks Me

Westech

CPL
RE: quick question!!!!! I

I use the new ones. Never had a problem. there is a grove they slide in to. If you want you can reuse the old ones if you dont think the new ones will work.

Ronbo

Ok They gave me 2 gaskets One paper type and a square cut o-ring , Where would the o-ring go? and where do I get the gaskets on top of the filter bolts? I had to really tighten them down to stop the oil from leaking...Thanks For the help guys!!!!! I do appreciate it very much.....

Westech

CPL

I took mine off (the top gaskets) and soaked them in oil to soften them up. I had to really clamp them down to stop them from leaking before I did that. I do not know where to get the top gaskets, I know someone here has replaced them and will know where to get them.

chicklin

Re: RE: quick question!!!!! I

Ronbo said:
Ok They gave me 2 gaskets One paper type and a square cut o-ring , Where would the o-ring go? and where do I get the gaskets on top of the filter bolts? I had to really tighten them down to stop the oil from leaking...Thanks For the help guys!!!!! I do appreciate it very much.....
I just did mine and did not use the square-cut ones. I don't know if that was right, but there was nowhere to put them, so I figured it was okay. I got my filter set from ODIron.

dabtl

PITA, changing filters. No kidding. We wrestle with them every time.

I just finished changing out the fuel filters. Major PITA. Look and find the 5070 gasket. Three stores netted three. Just enough. Changing the oil filters, PITA, different gaskets, might work, might not.

That is on the second deuce. On the first, it is much simpler. I get a spin on filter for the primary fuel, takes a minute or so to change. I get two WIX spin on filters for the oil, takes less than two minutes to change, no worry about gaskets.

The difference? John Tennis and his spin on adapters. I just ordered the spin on oil filter adapters in frustration. Next month I will order the spin on primary filter adapter. Not only are these better filters, they are much easier to change.

Now, if only John would come up with spin on secondary fuel filters, my life would be greatly simplified. :D

I do not expect my deuce engine to last forever, but it can last a lot longer and easier with John Tennis's adapters for the oil and fuel filters. And, I will not be screaming at my wife nearly as much.

metrobus

15W40 Engine Oil

When I was running a small fleet of big trucks, I had the best luck with either Mobil Delvac, or Chevron Delo. Oil consumptiom with Shell Rotella was about a gallon more per 6000 mile run.

Barry