• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

quick question m1008 rims.. 16 or 16.5?

swyne

Hello! I'm looking for a set of 16.5 rims for my cucv. I have a set of new Goodyear wrangler MT OZ 37" tires to mount and would like a set of steelys. I do have a set of humvee rims but they have the old 36" bias ply type on them. Getting the 2 inch spacers are expensive to make the humvee rims to work

AJMBLAZER

Dabba, check with 84CUCV. I'd bet he might even have a wheel or two. Also ask around on CK5. A member there got me a 16" for my spare for shipping a few years back. Before that another one gave me the same deal on a 16.5" wheel when I was running HMMWV tires.

Either that or check www.car-part.com for junkyards around you. The 16" wheels on a GM 3/4 or 1 ton 8 lug truck from our body style are exactly the same civilian or military. The military's just got painted green.

BTW the 88+ IFS trucks have a very similar backspacing. I have two sets right now and they're pretty much interchangeable with the SFA truck wheels. Look different but they work fine. I know you're aiming more for a restoration though.

Also, at a Pro Mod Bog a spectador told me "that they some times run in addition to different tires (F. to R.) different ratios!! would any one here Know, why they would run different ratios?
They're probably running different sized tires front and rear. I've seen slightly taller tires in the rear and narrower tires in the front before. Think mud dragster. Say 38x11 Boggers in the front and 40" Boggers in the rear. You'd need different gearing to keep them spinning at the same road speed.

Dabba

thanks 84 cucv already called me up and im waiting for him to get back to me about the price and shipping

SWYNE: ill sell you my 2 16.5s once i get the new rims and tires on them if your still looking..

beck

Also, at a Pro Mod Bog a spectador told me "that they some times run in addition to different tires (F. to R.) different ratios!! would any one here Know, why they would run different ratios?
These guys never get the tires "locked" to the ground. The tires are always spinning so no bind occours. Since the front of these vehicles doesn't get as much traction they spin those tires faster, hoping to pull the truck better. These guys will wait to lock the front hubs until they are straight and ready to make a pass. They would break things if they ran around in the pits like this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks