• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick thread on winches

Sumoman

I am considering buying a winch for my deuce. Not ever owning either I would like everyone to chime in on the pros and cons. Also what are the costs I should be willing to pay for a winch (considering I cannot buy a deuce just to get it.... Yet:twisted:)

YankeeDuece

Pros; looks cool, pushes the bumper out to give the truck the "I mean business look." It can also be used for what it was intended for......... but probabaly not.

Cons; adds weight to the front end which translates into harder slow speed steering, cost.

You will probably find a complete kit in the $1500.00 range

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use mine a decent amount, no way was I going to have that big of a truck without a winch. So far used it a decent amount to unstick the deuce.(only once stuck when I didn't want to get stuck). Useful for other things, unsticking other vehicles mostly, or pulling trees down and around.

Dennis

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use my winch as a last resort. With that said I look at it like insurance, better to have and not need then to need and not have. FWIW just about any amount of work can be accomplished with the deuce winch given enough time, wire rope and snatchblocks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks