• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

quick winch question

MVEnthusiast

Im thinking about getting a M109A3 from a member in PA. It does not have a winch.

There is a winch with a bumper and winch driveshaft on ebay for $699. From what ive heard they are usually $1000.
It says it is working, 200 ft 1/2 cable with chain/hook, and has the d-rings.

Is that all that is needed to make the M109A3 a winch truck?

I hope no one on here bids against me :( lol

Thanks
Travis

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sounds like a good start for the winch, Especially with the 200" of line (if its good). As above, there is other stuff too, but you can acquire it as time goes on. that is half the fun. The actual cash value for that stuff is way up there.

Lee in Alaska

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
For my M 52 I picked up the PTO, PTO shaft with both ends, Cross Brace with levers, winch instruction plates, at TNJ Murray for $350.00 so the winch with the cable and all that is a good deal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks