• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quiet Deuce Running 60 mph

robr

for all you guys that asked how quiet is your Deuce now here you go
My Deuce Running 60 mph with the stereo on very low

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWfpeqF1jck[/media]

airmech3839

I am sure it has alot to do with your exhaust running out the back and the fact you have gone over your truck and done a great job of cleaning it up and probably tightened an greased all the things that rattle on my truck...and you are minus one axle as well....man that is one fine rig!!! You have done supurb work!! My complements!!

dmetalmiki

pretty quiete,, I run a 5 ton 10 wheels and is as quite as that..with lead and insulation on the floor..foan padding in doors under dash against the firewall under hood etc. radio cb listenable to at speed ..on 16s thats motorway speed (70 mph.) tho I keep to 1750 rpm ALLWAYS. I see you have oversize tyres on..so with those clock readings..you will be going way over 60 mph.?

robr

pretty quiete,, I run a 5 ton 10 wheels and is as quite as that..with lead and insulation on the floor..foan padding in doors under dash against the firewall under hood etc. radio cb listenable to at speed ..on 16s thats motorway speed (70 mph.) tho I keep to 1750 rpm ALLWAYS. I see you have oversize tyres on..so with those clock readings..you will be going way over 60 mph.?
I have a gear reducer on the speedo the speed checks with in 1/2 a mph to the gps

robr

yes it has all new brakes it stops quick but for this truck Im going all out Im having custom F450 Disk brakes made for front and Back with the master cylinder and hydro boost also made for the 2010 F450 installed

robr

Can you provide an overview of the best noise reducing mods?
best mods in order

1 rear exhaust
2 Fat max sound deadening 2 layers on the floor, firewall, hood, side covers, inside the doors, back of the cab ( like dyno mat but thicker )

3 replace all worn weather seals
4 3/8" carpet pad on firewall & floor
5 tighten grease & oil everything (you should do this anyway)
6 magna flow straight through muffler
7 5 to 10 coats of spray on real rubber undercoating on all wheel wells (don't use the cheap stuff its doesn't help)

8 rubber bumpers on tailgate, battery box & Storage box doors

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks