• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quieting those rattles!

Flea

I have done some small work this weekend trying to get doors and hinged panels to quit rattling while idling and driving!

I can say that 3M weatherstripping in 5/16 width works wonders! I bought a 25 ft(?) roll from Wal-Mart for $2.88, and you can't beat the stuff. I've lined the front windows (I don't get wet driving in the rain anymore!), window tracks (going to have to reapply the passenger side; didn't clean the tracks good enough - came off almost as soon as I put it on), and tonight I insulated the hood panels with it; they don't rattle anymore!

For anyone looking for a cheap fix to rattles, this is a good one!

Now that I've divulged my secret, can anyone tell me the best way to seal up all those holes cut in the cab for bolts, cables, etc. that aren't used? :lol:

JRBAMATEX

I used old truck inner tubes to seal the little holes in the cab. I just cut out pieces of the inner tube to make patches of the size and shape that I wanted and then sprayed the patch with 3M spray on adhesive. Let it get tacky and then stuck it where I wanted it. That was two years ago and they are still stuck on there so it works good. Need to clean the area around the hole real good. I used acetone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks