• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--ARMYMAN30YearsPlus--David Frankenhauser

poppop

I also would love to have a copy for the same reasons as recover4by4. And for steelandcan vas,s post, it seems this plan was put into motion a long time ago. Praise God.

cruzinz28

I want to participate in the Funeral Convoy, but was unable to attend the motor pool session on Wed. night. Does anyone have the details, or know whereit might be posted other then this thread. I tried to PM carnac for an update, but have not heard back yet.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Josh,

Where you leaving from??

Bruce is coming to Frederick to pick me up at McDonalds on 7th Street at 6:30. You could meet up with us there.

Later

Steve Monti

Greetings, I am Davids nephew Steve Monti. It was a honor to meet the three gentlemen from SS last night at the funeral home. It truly means allot to the family and myself. Growing up with David as my uncle was a honor, yet by meeting some of the members on here it is a true revelation of just how many lives he touched. Last March he flew back from Korea just for my wedding which blessed me and wife beyond words, but the just was the kind of guy he was. Once I heard about the accident I was just google-ing his name and came across the the other thread. It has been very special to read threw pages and pages and of peoples comments.

Thank you for all the support, prayers, love -Steve Monti

Last edited:

Mama Kim

Eight hours to go. Was it only 11 days ago when we got the news? It seems a lifetime ago. The enemy is pulling out all the forces of hell against this amazing celebration. Our lead vehicle breaks down, a key coordinator gets in a serious accident, when will he realize that he can not prevail? God will be glorified!

I have experienced a recorded taps and 21 gun salute, which still managed to bring tears to my eyes. So when I see and hear it live for the 1st time, I can't imagine just how much more imapcting it will be. But the most amazing thing, from my perspective, will be the tribute to our Fallen Soldier that will usher in our Face to Face Service.

If you can be on-line at 1:00 pm EST, follow the link to watch the service at ggwo.org. It will be available for 30 days afterwards, so be sure to catch it when you can. We will work on editing all the video we will be collecting and I will let you know when we can have that ready. Give us some time and be patient, so we can do a bang up job to do Dave proud.

Please pray for God's strength and peace for Marian, Christian, Nicole (his fiancee), Grace, Noah and Faith! Thank you for all you have done so far and will continue to do in the future I am sure. Dave is gone, but I can see you brothers lifting the arms of his wife to help fill in the gap. God bless you all!

Love, Mama Kim

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Marian, Christian, Nicole, Grace, Noah and Faith, God Bless you all.

Mama Kim, Thank you for the link info.

SS Guys, that are attending today, Thank you

Last edited:

m151tx

Well done guys

Well done guys, the family needs to know how many people out there value the service and sacrifice of men like the Col.

I hope the weather holds off for you, that everyone going make's it OK and that you all get home safe.

Again very well done to everyone involved, its a good thing you are doing !!!!

Mark Witham

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Hey all,

BKuba and I just returned from the funeral. I don't think I could make it through the promotion ceremony. My neck was really bothering me from the accident and I didn't want to take the percosets while there.

Ceremony was a nice send off but would rather have David back as I'm sure we all would. Bruce (me riding shotgun) carried David to the cemetary. Enroute we had several people that wondered what was going on and as soon as they realized popped a salute. I think we gave David a nice final ride.

I want to thank Dudley for helping organize our part, especially after I got sidelined.
Also want to thank everyone that turned out. I'm sure David and his family appreciate it.
Gonna sign off for now.

CARNAC

steelandcanvas

A wonderful service, thanks to all that made it possible for me to "be there" if only by internet. A Great Memorial for a Great Man, I shall remember him always. A true Soldier for His Lord and His Country.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks