• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--ATANKERSDAD--Dudley Taylor

cruzinz28

I'm not good when it comes to this kind of stuff, but was just informed that Dudley has passed away.

I do not have any other details, other than this information came directly from one of Dudley's sons.

My deepest sympathies go out to Matt, Shawn, and their entire family!!! I hope that everyone is able to give them the support they need, and also time needed to grieve the loss of their father. Please keep Matt, Shawn, and their entire family in your thoughts and prayers. This is a great loss in our Steel Soldiers family and everyone else Dudley was friends with in and outside this hobby!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have just received a call from CARNAC.

I have shockingly sad news to report - Dudley, aka Atankersdad, has passed away this morning, Monday March 7, 2016 due to complications following his surgery in Baltimore, MD.

This just happened and details will be posted as available and appropriate.

Heavenly Father,
We just don't understand. In our humanity, Your plan for our lives and the times of our passing are unknowable. Yet, Lord, we do trust you even unto death.
Please cover Dudley's family with a peace that surpasses understanding. Give to each of us who have known him through the SS Forums and in person words of comfort for his family and for each other.
In Jesus' name we pray.
AMEN.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh no! This just proves that no surgery is routine. More prayers for Dudley's loved ones!

Landbarger

I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Dudley, but I want his family to know that they are being lifted up.

“The Lord bless you and keep you;
25 The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
26 The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.” - Num 6:24-26

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dudley was one of the first people I physically met at Steel Soldiers. It was at the 2011 GA Rally and he was a good man. May perpetual light shine upon him.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My condolences to his family. I didn't know him, but always enjoyed his stories and posts.

CGarbee

Truly sad news!
I will miss talking to him at Aberdeen...
We will raise a toast to him at the ECC supper on Friday night...

jatonka

Dudley treated me like family from the first time I met him. My deepest sympathy to Shawn, Matt and the family. Rest in Peace friend, you will not be forgotten, John T

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I met Dudley three times, he seemed to have an unstoppable spirit. To learn that he is ill and then has passed that soon is almost unbelievable!

I guess the Good Lord decided our Brother had accomplished his mission here on earth and placed him on another mission.

Maria and I will pray that God will heal the hearts of loved ones and take our Brother into His everlasting peace.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We're so sorry to hear this. So unexpected. Our condolences to the family.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dudley was a great friend, I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with him at the rallies we attended together, he was the kind of guy who'd help you out no matter what you needed, and still acted as though he was in YOUR debt. A true credit to the hobby, wish there were 100 more like him. It's going to be a sad event going to Aberdeen this year and not having him set up next to me like in past years.

My condolences to his family, and especially his two sons Matt and Sean, who are also Steel Soldiers here. He will be sorely missed by all of those who knew him.

I have lost too many friends too early from Steel Soldiers - ARMYMAN30Years+, builder77, cdub, SrJeeper, and now atankersdad. Only the good die young, and these gentlemen were some of the best.

The only picture I had of Dudley saved on my computer - this was at an informal get-together at a restaurant in Frederick, MD in 2009 - left is Dudley, then me, then his two sons Matt and Sean. This was the first event I met them all at. Good times, no matter where it was...

:cry::cry::cry:

Attachments

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very sad to hear this news yesterday. My thoughts and prayers go out to Matt, Shawn and the rest of his family. He was always fun to hang out with and usually had a good story to tell that would make you almost spit beer (or whatever you were drinking) out of your nose...

RIP Dudley

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks