• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P--SHOOTINIRON--James Ruman

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cheri and family,
Our prayers are with you through this tragedy.
The SteelSoldiers are rallying in their compassion and sympathy for you and your family.
May God bring you peace and comfort in this time of loss and grief.
John & Dianna
San Angelo, TX

augiedoggy

May God bless James' family and friends, our thoughts and prayers are with you. A terrible loss for his family and his extended Steel Soldier family. Rest in peace

AceHigh

Jamie's wife Cheri posted this on M35A3.net Rodman has been in touch with the family. She is an amazing lady!

This is Jamie's Wife and I was with him in Vegas to pick up the duece, he asked me to stopped in St George and pick up my camera so that when we drove through the Red Canyon near Bryce I could go ahead of him and get a pic of him driving it there. I was about 30 minutes behind. and figured I would catch up with him at the highway 20 interchange, As I passed through Cedar City, just beyond I saw MANY emergency vehicles. I knew right away that something was terribly wrong, I immediately started calling him because the traffic was backed up for miles and I was not sure. But after a minimum of ringing his phone 20, 30, or more times, I just knew it was bad. According to the trooper Jamie had no vehicle problems, he was driving perfectly fine (He is the best driver ever) and yes a semi (woman driver) who admitted she was speeding (Keep in mind the speed limit on that part of the freeway is a TEST Zone at 80 miles an hour and if she was going faster than that you can imagine the impact. She hit the Durango and it is my understanding that the Durango was then forcefully hit into the rear of Jamie which his truck rear end was on the hood of their car and then unable to gain control careened into the median and landed upside down.
I arrived but he was already gone from this world.
Steel Soldiers was one of his biggest passions, In fact I would tell him he had two wives but one was GREEN. I loved that he enjoyed his hobby so much and when he would reply to posts (sometimes he would reply to posts with a touch of sarcasm, and he loved to read me what he posted.
I'm sure you have all seen his great ability to write.

I am going to try to post a link to his memorial site and I would sure love it if you would visit it and share your reflections of this wonderful man.

Jamie also had a friend in CA (I think baker or barstow maybe) And I cannont think of his name for the life of me, does anyone have any ideas, I want to make sure he knows.

Thank you for your support, You knew a GOOD man.
http://www.asimas.com/ASIMAS/sunrisefh/obituaryDescription.jsp?domain_id=344&deceased_id=245269

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is just such horrible news. Every time I look out and see my A3 sitting in my driveway, it brings the shock back. I hope James' family will be OK.

Flyingvan911

From post 183 it seems there was nothing he could have done to avoid the wreck. I hope the truck driver does serious time. Truck drivers are great people but not when they are careless and take a life.

rideni

I hope that semi driver hangs for this. Premeditated vehicular manslaughter, failure to control a vehicle leading to an accident, wreckless driving, and speeding

davey8943

I hope that semi driver hangs for this.

Rideni,

Let's leave the politics out of this thread, and stick to the original intent: To remember a great friend that was taken before his time.

My thoughts and prayers have been, and will be, with the families of all of those involved.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:

lonegunman

There are never enough words to express a loss like this, nothing anyone can say can ever really ease the pain. I am sorry for your loss. My Dad was taken by a drunk driver three months after I got back from Iraq, it was miserable, but I cherish his memory and smile often at the many jokes, sayings and entertaining observations he made over a lifetime.

I do hope they lock that truck driver up for as long as humanly possible.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks