• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P--SHOOTINIRON--James Ruman

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's really nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. I have the same feelings as all the other members (shock and disbelief).

I just felt I should post to let everyone know I'm thinking about him also.

shootiniron

To: Bad Master

Thank you Badmaster, you are familiar to me as Jamie would share his posts with me. You one of the lucky ones that had to opportunity to know him.
He was a great man and the love of my life.

Thanks again for your kind words,

Jamie's Wife, Cheri

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just saw this post and read the entire thing. I am very sad about what happened. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. As others have said, at least he was doing something he loved and he had his loving wife along for this trip.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW I did not know the man but my heart goes out for his family and I wish him God Speed to a better place, this is terrible news!
KK

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh My!

Our SS family is small but close in spite of the distances, and I really enjoyed Jamie's enthusiasm that poured out of his posts. We'll all miss him, but my heart truely goes out to Cheri and the rest of their family. I can't think of any way to adequately express my feelings of loss, sadness and impotence to help in their time of need.

May God Bless you all.

jamesfrom180

Irony: as I read Cheri's words my play list cycled through "God only knows why" by Kid Rock.
sadness finds me today.
Maybe James can drive the MV version of the Jolly Rodger in heaven. Smile as I think of a sailor in a big green truck picking me up at the Pearly Gates.

superburban

I'm so sorry, Cheri. If there is anything my family and I can do to help you out in this terrible time,please, please ask.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just reread all 20+pages again. Still in shock.

The wife and I had long discussion about this accident saturday before the parade events on sunday and monday. I had a couple of knuckle heads pull out in front of the M715 (no power brakes) and also a few run up behind me (45mph max).

Glad I was paying extra attention.

God's Speed James.

gunboy1656

Just reread all 20+pages again. Still in shock.

The wife and I had long discussion about this accident saturday before the parade events on sunday and monday. I had a couple of knuckle heads pull out in front of the M715 (no power brakes) and also a few run up behind me (45mph max).

Glad I was paying extra attention.

God's Speed James.

You were not the only one doing that this weekend I am sure, I know I was keeping an extra eye on everyone else. I was planning to stop and get ice at the local convenience store and I was pulling up I saw all sorts of lights just ahead of where I was planning to stop. After I got my ice and got back on the road I could see the accident better 2 cars in a near head on crash. Just extra reminder I needed to be on my game. have not heard anything about the accident yet, hope they are ok.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sign the GUESTBOOK, please.

SS Troops:
MANY of you have shared some very caring thoughts in this thread. We have had many deep and reflective times since this sad news came to us.

Just a few moments ago, I finally mustered the strength to go to the link above and actually "sign" the GuestBook and leave a message for Cheri, their family, and for all of their acquaintances to read and cherish and, hopefully, find comfort in for the coming days, weeks and beyond.

Remember, they may not have access to THIS forum. I'd like to encourage EVERYONE who would to go to that GuestBook and leave something for them. Let's show them the outpouring of love that binds this brotherhood together.

Please muster your thoughts and share with them something that comes from the heart.

You'll be blessed for it.

BadMastard

Thank you.

Thank you Badmaster, you are familiar to me as Jamie would share his posts with me. You one of the lucky ones that had to opportunity to know him.
He was a great man and the love of my life.

Thanks again for your kind words,

Jamie's Wife, Cheri
Cheri,

It was my pleasure to have known him. Please let me know if there is anything we as a community, or I can do to help. Thank you for sharing him with us.

Jerry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks