• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R Wheel seal.

saddamsnightmare

:ditto: JULY 19th, 2008.

Saturn, Easterns, Memphis, ODI iron, Desert Deuce.... all got them, but there seems to be no civilian crossover, unless a similar size and number rockwell was used under a road grader, or something.... Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet!! Good luck and order spares, you might just need them sometime...

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 Cargo Trailer
1967 Hercules MEP023A Gas Gen-set APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S.404.114 MB

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might take the old one in, for the some one to try to cross it over with measurements, or better yet, measure the sealing surfaces, and see if the is something similiar

Lee in Alaska

beaubeau

I have taken bot 2 seals out and they don't seem to be bad. I think the Hub may have been too lose. This is a N.G. truck. Never know what they can do!!??? I replaced the whee and tightened the hub. Time will tell. I shal check around for someone local to Stock this. Maybe a tractor place or Mack dealer. Thanks guys, Phil

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With all this said, I'm going to tell you my viewpoint on inner grease seals. I rarely change them on my trucks. They are usually in decent shape. Any oil that gets in there is the fault of the outer seal or cork wedge. If your inner grease seal is leaking wheelbearing grease, theres a problem. If it's leaking gear oil go for the outer seal, cork or a clogged breather.

beaubeau

Recovery4x4, I did notice the Cork seal and that looked good. Like I said ealier, I don'tthink the Inner seal was Bad. I shall run it for a while and Time will Tell! I would rather pull complete wheel and Hub, than change Dual tires and wheels agaid. I only have a Week 1/2in Air wrench,so all lug nuts come off by 3/4 Rachet.

SilentSpeedy

I have this problem also, my grease was coming out and I took off the seal to see if it was cracked, the seal looks brand new but it was bulging on one spot. When I took of the screws that hold down the seal they where about finger tight all around. Is that correct of is that the problem? and if that is the problem (as I hope) does anyone know what the momentum would be on those screws?

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SS, think you're way loose. The book is 50 for the inner nut, then back off 1/8-1/4 turn; 150 for the outer nut. Alternatively, tighten and check by feel if you're comfortable doing that...lot of folks do. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks