• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R2 Justrite Electric Lantern quwstion

m37brat

In restoring my R2 I found a NOS Justrite lantern. I came with a couple of wires. It doesn't have a battery and almost looks like it would use that large square battery that is used in modern lanterns but it doesn't seem to have the contacts. If anyone has the instructions or can tell me how you use these lanterns it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jim.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't those old 6 volt lantern batteries also come with screw terminal posts? I doubt those are available anyway so will have to be creative.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, they did come with screw tops. Great for young 'engineering' projects. I have seen them for sale within the past year, but they are no longer widely available. I don't remember where I saw them but I believe it was an independent hardware store. They even still had new spotlights that attached directly to the screws on the double wide 6v batteries.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks