• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R6602 vapor lock

Corbittfire

I have a 1952 Corbitt / Oren firetruck with the r6602 motor in it. Truck runs well except on really hot days it will vapor lock and shut off. Any fixes for this problem. All help is appreciated.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reroute the metal fuel lines well away from the manifolds, or put metal shields between manifolds and the lines, or replumb the lines with rubber hose. Kinda embarrassing when this happens in the Fourth of July parade, huh?

Could you take a picture of the fuel line routing. I am trying to find my old Continental Engine manuals. They are here somewhere. I have a lot of factory manuals and TSBs for old engines.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't run any fuel that has ethanol in it; it will absorb moisture from the air, which settles at the bottom of your fuel tank & will rust it out. It also contributes to vapor-locking. Look for non-ethanol fuel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks