• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Racing MVs as half- time show

AndrewH

Somebody had the great idea to race MVs at the Onaway Speedway here in Michigan. The crowd loved it and the racing was a lot of fun. I wonder who was paid off though.... somehow the tanker "won"............ :p Average speed, 22mph, top speed, (in my M1009) 46mph, I think it is a 1/4 mile track. XM818A2, 3x M35A2, 2x M1009. I was driving so I had to borrow this picture from the racetracks webpage:grin:

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My money would have been on the tanker (hint: the trailer has rocket fuel in it).

bill2444

That was mine drafting the tanker, I was able to pass him along with all the other m35's. But then again i was passed too. That had to be the most memorable thing i have done yet in the deuce. It was freaking awesome to race the old iron. And they went way faster than i would have thought. (used to race a bump and run car there) At one point i was in fourth gear with the front tires starting to chatter in the corners. I will have to see if i can come up with some pics of the event, as it wasn't planed to do a high speed run for the crowd. But they all loved it. My wife said she could even smell the veggi oil up in the stands.

great time for sure.

Thank You Veterans.

a few of them had their photo taken with the agent orange car.

Attachments

AndrewH

According to the racetracks webpage the tanker did win. :cool: Terry in the VVA deuce promises a comeback in the next MV race. I cant even tell you for sure how many laps we did or the finishing lineup. The tanker won on 'cool' factor and on the " I'm bigger" theory!

AndrewH

A lowboy with any piece of equipment would be cool. It's just different, so its cool.:grin: A whirlybird would be neat. Dave..... I know you need another project.:p

MatthewH

I know I had a blast racing my M1009 around the track and can't wait until the next time we race. Have to recruit somebody to film or take pics because it would be awsome to see that race from a grandstand view.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks