• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Racor filter funnel

Hammer

Ok, I have started collecting more gas/diesel mix. And typically, this will also have small to large amount of water/coolant in it.
I figured this would be pretty easy to remove MOST of the water with the Racor filter funnel ( Racor Fuel Filter Funnel ) that also separates the free water as well.
It would be nice as an initial collection filter as it IS the funnel, and is easily cleaned.
Obviously the bigger the better, for all the right reasons. It can hold more, and filter faster.

Understanding that it would work really darn well for it's intended purpose, I am also asking to see if anyone has used one of these for initial filtering of WMO?
I know it would take a bit longer to filter through, and it most likely wouldn't stop the emulsified water/WMO sludge (it might stop the sludge entirely, but I would be that optimistic... )
There are just too many places I get oil from that has water settled in the bottom, but collecting it all, or collecting from the bottom is FAR easier to do.
In those cases, this kind of funnel would sure make for a good first step for removing water and large debris.

SO, anyone use these funnels?

houdel

I guess no one has used one yet! If you read down to the bottom of the page, it states "The RFF filter will not remove emulsified water". This might be a problem, chances are you will have both free water and emulsified water in your mix.

Last edited:

Hammer

I can live with it not getting the emulsified water out. I figured it would do a good job at getting the free water out, and that seems to be the larger amounts I would be seeing in the 'fuels' that I would be collecting.

hondaharley2003

im gonning to get one at west marine next week and try it with the waste oil i have around. it called mr funnel on the web :whistle::idea:

Last edited:

Hammer

Post up when you do!
I have way too many other things that are higher on my priority list right now. But I still feel that I would benefit from one of these.

hondaharley2003

OK so far i have filtered 5gal penut oil and 5gal waste eng oil the. eng oil was slow gonning about one beer per gal the nut oil was faster i got the small filter funnel from west marine for $25 to clean the funnel i backflush it with a yard hose my truck loves the fuel. for any large operation i would need the bigger funnel.free fuel got to love it:p

Kaiserjeeps

I orderd the 5 gpm one last night in preparing to build out a filter skid.
Thanks Ed.
I am working on finding the cheapest base and filters that will fit (part numbers) from NAPA.
I am not finding a 5 micron or less spinb on filter so far that will fit a 1X12 thread.. I have everything else to post up.

Cheers.

Hammer

Ok, so it's slow for the smaller ones, but they seem to work.
I don't need it for fine filtering, just to get the bulk of the free water out, plus other large junk.

Good luck Al!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks