• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiator cap problem

bl71236

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the most popular auction sites was my choice for a replacement radiator. APDI 8010607 $170.53 with free shipping. Thirty year old radiators should be scrapped. There I said it, flame away.

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the most popular auction sites was my choice for a replacement radiator. APDI 8010607 $170.53 with free shipping. Thirty year old radiators should be scrapped. There I said it, flame away.
A good radiator shop can remove the brass tanks and install a brand new brass core and it's not a 30 year old radiator any more and it's good for another 30 years.

bl71236

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"A good radiator shop". Few and far between, and the cost is the about the same. Embrace new technology, the new radiators are far superior to these old archaic relics of the past.

harryhr

Well guys, I took my Blazer to the radiator shop on Wednesday morning to be re-cored with a better quality brass core. I got my Blazer back late this afternoon. The new core has a lifetime warranty, parts and labor. This shop is highly recommended by the state and county for excellent work performed. I would rather have my 30 year old radiator re-cored than buy a plastic and aluminum one manufactured outside the U.S. The shop calls in the exact measurements of the radiator core and tanks and the core and tanks are built to specs by hand and shipped overnight to the shop. I saw my old core and it was corroded and plugged up. No wonder it started leaking in several spots. So I get to keep the original Harrison/Delphi radiator in like new condition.

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"A good radiator shop". Few and far between, and the cost is the about the same. Embrace new technology, the new radiators are far superior to these old archaic relics of the past.
" I " can't see any superior things in the new style plastic/aluminum radiators.......
There also flows water from the left to the right side.
The only innovative in them, that i can see is, they are not so heavy
the material is cheaper
it is impossible to repair them.......
One thing i know for sure, the cooling power of my overhauled 4 row radiator is superior opposite to the new 3 row plastic/aluminum radiators.
But as always, there is more than one opinion.....

Last edited:

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "new radiators" won't even fit into the rubber saddles correctly to help absorb the shock of the road let alone off road. If you want to embrace new technology why do you even have a CUCV or any other military vehicle.

All of these discussed things is what makes horse trading happen!!

cucvrus

Mine always fit BU850 Autozone. If they don't fit I don't install them. I always put new isolators on mine. The Harrison GM replacement aluminum and plastic are the best IMHO. You well that may differ.

bl71236

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine fit perfectly. New isolators are a must when replacing a radiator. And for proper cooling the thermostat and fan clutch are equally important.