• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiator fan replacement

Average Joe

While I was adding the frame extensions to my truck (M35A2C) for installing a winch, one of the radiator fan blades fell out of the body. This leads me to conclude that a new fan is needed. I've been able to find 19"+ fans, but none have an 1&1/2" pilot bearing hole in the center. Does anyone know of a more modern, lightweight fan that will bolt up, or is there a spacer that will allow a modern fan to mount up correctly?
Auch, now that the radiator is drained of all its blood, I'm noticing how rusty the water pump is. I can't find a leak, but I shudder to think what the impeller looks like. Should I break the pump apart and check, or just replace the whole shooting match?

AvgJoeImageUploadedByTapatalk1340865051.402105.jpg

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have wondered if you could pull the mechanical fan and put an electric fan or dual fan setup on the truck.

If my water pump looked really bad I would replace it. I keep a NOS one around just for that reason.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Be glad it happened while you were not moving! I had that happen while on the road and it took out my Rad.

Kohburn

dual and triple electric fans have been done with success. there are a few threads on it - I bought my fans but haven't had a chance to install them with a thermostatic control yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks