• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiator Hose Heater

SasquatchSanta

Anyone out there have any experience with installing a heater in the bottom radiator hose on an M35?

I've already got a freeze plug heater but want to install a hose heater to help starting and shorten the time it takes to get the defrosters working.

The bottom hose appears to be close to the fan belt/s --- was just wondering if there is enough room?

I would also be interested in knowing the brand and part number of the heater and the hose size.

Any info would be appreciates.

Thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recovered a recirculating heater off a deuce several years ago. It was tapped into the heater line. Never did see it work but the idea looked pretty cool. Cranetruck has it now!

red devils dude

you could get a freeze plug heater Zero Start makes one for the deuce engine
G/D4800 (7.8L 478 CID)
Part No.3500025 Watt 1000 Volt 120 Diameter 2" Type Freeze Plug

SasquatchSanta

As stated in my original post --- I've already got a freeze plus heater but want to ALSO install a bottom radiator hose heater. I'm concerned about clearance between the radiator hose (heater) and the fan belt. Just wanted to know if anyone had ever seen one installed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks