• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiator (hose) Leak

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a problem with my radiator last spring and got it rebuilt, no problems till late November. Then it started dripping, so we ran a pressure test, drove it around some, etc. No leak. Went to check on it again this morning, leaking again, but I had better light and looked to see where it was coming from. Took a minute or so, but I finally noticed a wetness on the front of the lower radiator hose right at the radiator, not on up the hose or on the radiator itself. Cranked the truck up and it stopped leaking by the time I had air pressure.
Common denominator between the latter half of November and last night - it was below freezing. First thing is to tighten the clamp a bit and see if it (the leak) continues, but a trip to NAPA is also planned for a new hose.

jfnemt1ff1

I bet you are on the right track with the hose clamp. tighten it when the engine is at nprmal temp. When I used to work on cars we would see that alot when the temp. got cold.
John

jatonka

For sure, in the cold weather all the coolant hoses need a tightening. On any water cooled engine. Clamp "em down good and you will be all right. JT

littlebob

I always notice the smell of antifreeze in a parking lot when it first starts getting in the thirties here. Usually around older cars that probably hasn't had the hoses changed or clamp tightened in over ten or fifteen years. I think a lot of our trucks would fit into that category.

littlebob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks